Your kitchen is one the most used rooms in your house and there are many reasons to do a kitchen remodel. It could be to update appliances or to purchase smaller ones, or expand the kitchen, especially if it is a smaller kitchen. When doing a small kitchen remodel make sure that you make it a pleasant place to spend time, is functional, and user friendly. Make a list of what you want to do after setting a budget.
- When doing a small kitchen remodel the first thing that you need to do is set a budget because this is a project that can become expensive. You want to make sure that you do not run out of money part way through the project.
- If your budget allows it you can do a complete kitchen remodel that includes replacing the countertops, cabinets, floors, and buy new appliances. This can also involve hiring a remodeling contractor because with complete renovations you will want to make sure that everything is done according to the local building codes. Many people cannot afford this large of an expense so they do small things.
- One important thing to do when doing a small kitchen remodel is to maximize the space. Use items that are functional and decorative.
- One example would be a pot rack that can be mounted on the ceiling.
- By installing this it can free up cabinet space and counter space. It can also add visual interest to the area. The same purpose can be accomplished by mounting hooks under the cabinets for holding coffee mugs. Utilizing the space under the cabinets can be a great place to hang items so you can free up counter space.
- To increase usable space you could trade in a large kitchen table for a smaller table, remove a large center island, or add built-in shelves. Use brightly colored curtains when choosing ones to decorate your windows. Do not overload your walls with a lot of decorative items as this will make the room look smaller.
- Two simple ways to begin your small kitchen remodel is to change the cabinet hardware or repainting the kitchen.
- You can also paint or stain your kitchen cabinets. When painting the walls keep to light colors to give the illusion of more space. Also allow as much natural light as you can into the room. If you decide to retile the floor use larger tiles to also give a larger space illusion.
- You can also replace some of the appliances in the kitchen such as you could trade in your large refrigerator if you no longer need a large one with a smaller one.
- To gain more counter space when replacing your counter top replace your larger sink for a smaller one.
24/7 Home Service US is here to help you with all your own personal and commercial Handyman & Home Repair Service requirements.